Serving the Pacific Northwest

Become informed about your rural property, using the following valuable resources:

Clark County Maps Online

Locate a map of your parcel, see the latest aerial photo, check out your critical area designation, find out your zoning, check your tax status, find recent surveys, and much more.

Visit site

Clark County Codes

Find all the County codes that pertain to your project. Search by topic, key word or Code number.

Visit site

Washington Farm Forestry Association

Rural Lands Farms and Forests The Farm Forestry Association is an organization advocating the interests of small forest land owners in legislative rule making both at local and state levels. They provide public outreach and opportunities for information sharing. The WFFA sponsors the Washington Tree Farm Program, a program to promote and recognize sustainable forestry practices on small parcels of forestlands.

Visit site

Washington State University Extension Office

A must for small scale farmers. The Small Acreage program provides outreach to residents on how to manage issues small acreage landowners confront, such as mud and manure management, fencing and pasture management, wells and septic system maintenance, and other management topics unique to small acreage properties. Lots of other good topics and information for those who enjoy living off the land.

Visit site

Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife

A great place to look for grant opportunities and cost share funding for any project on your parcel that could be considered habitat improvement for fish and wildlife. This could include tree planting, fish habitat improvement, and even garbage clean-up. You can do the work yourself and even get paid for it!

Visit site

Washington State Department of Natural Resources Small Landowner Office

These folks manage two very good programs; The Forestry Riparian Easement Program (FREP) and the Family Forest and Fish Program (FFFP). The FREP compensates eligible small forest landowners in exchange for a 50-year easement on “qualifying timber.” This is the timber the landowner is required to leave un-harvested as a result of new forest practices rules protecting Washington’s forests and fish. Landowners cannot cut or remove the qualifying timber during the easement period. The landowner still owns the property and retains full access, but has “leased” the trees and their associated riparian function to the state. (and no, they do not have to let the public on their property). The FFFP is a cost-share program that helps small forest landowners correct fish passage barriers on their forestlands. The program provides 75-100 percent of the cost of correcting a barrier; it also provides technical assistance in applying for the funding and completing the project. The Small Landowner office also provides technical assistance for forest practices and manages the nationwide Forest Stewardship program funded by the USDA.

Visit site

Clark County Assessor Office | Current Use Program

Look here for tax relief programs for farms, timberlands and Open space. Many people qualify but don’t take advantage of this tax savings opportunity. Current use properties are those which qualify for a reduced assessment based upon the use of the property such as farm, timberland or open space. Property owners must apply for and be granted the reduction and may continue in the program until the use is changed or the owner elects to remove it from the program. The Legislature designed the current use program to preserve land for agricultural, timber growth and open space in areas where market value taxation would otherwise economically prohibit their continued use for those purposes. Details of the Open Space Act are available at the Washington Department of Revenue

Visit site

Washington State Farm Bureau

The Farm Bureau is a voluntary, grassroots advocacy organization representing the social and economic interests of farm and ranch families at the local, state and national levels. By providing leadership and organizational skills, Farm Bureau seeks to gain public support on the issues affecting farm and ranch families.

Visit site

Clark Conservation District

The Clark Conservation District was formed in 1942 and is a legal sub-division of state government that administers programs to conserve natural resources. They are self-governed by volunteers who establish priorities and set policy. The district supervisors are not paid, but direct the expertise of district employees working in partnership with the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). The Clark Conservation District promotes conservation through Best Management Practices.

Visit site

Farm Service Agency

The Farm Service Agency (FSA) administers farm commodity, crop insurance, credit, environmental, conservation, and emergency assistance programs for the farmers and ranchers. Some of the Programs and Services the FSA provides are: Farm Loan programs, Disaster Assistance, Price Support, Conservation Programs, Daily Market Prices and Commodity Procurement. The Agency is part of the USDA.

Visit site

Washington Department of Natural Resource; Forest Practices

Locate the permit forms and rules for harvesting timber under the DNR rules. Find Forest Practices Maps and stream types for your Section.

Visit site

Department of Ecology

The Mission of the Department of Ecology is to protect, preserve and enhance Washington’s environment, and promote the wise management of our air, land and water for the benefit of current and future generations. In order to fulfill our mission and move Washington forward in a global economy, the Dept. of Ecology has three goals:

Visit site

Woodland Workbook "Selling Timber and Logs"

A Timber sale is the culmination of many years of forest management. For many woodland owners, it is the most significant departure from their normal sphere of operations.

Read More